About The Course
This course is an introduction to writing Ruby on Rails applications in the BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) style, using Cucumber and RSpec.
Here’s what you can expect to get out of it:
- Learn how to think from the outside in when writingn a new feature
- 10x your confidence in the code you write
- Improve your code even if you're not a senior developer yet
- Learn how to defer refactoring for later
- Learn how to make your code easy to change
I’ll never forget the day one of my former managers said:
“Hey, I want you to manually click through all the pages of our website for every new feature you build, just to make sure we don’t introduce any new bugs.”
That was the day I’ve decided I’ll get to the bottom of it, and set myself on a 10-year long journey that would eventually uncoverthe one thing that made all the code I wrote since 10x better.
This course is here to show you how to start writing your first test in the behavior-driven way (Behavior-Driven Development).
Here’s the table of contents.
- Project setup
- What you will learn
- Writing your first feature test
- A new feature is needed, what now?
- Adding more tests